***Open Gradute Student positions***
We have openings for 2 graduate students in surgical education, starting in September 2019. Positions are available through the Psychology, Neuroscience and Behaviour, Computional Science and Engineering, and Health Science Education programs. Opportunities are available to work on projects related to assessment and evaluation, skill acquisition, observational learning, and competency-based medical education.
Most members of our group fall into one of these categories:
- Surgical Fellows who are interested in pursuing a fellowship in education research
- Surgical Residents who are interested in engaging in extended research projects and are considering a graduate degree through the Surgeon Scientist Program
- Doctoral students through the Department of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour, the School of Computational Software and Engineering, and the Health Research Methodology program
- Masters students through the Department of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour, the School of Computational Software and Engineering, and the Health Research Methodology and Health Science Education programs
- Graduate independent study students through the Health Research Methodology program
- Undergraduate thesis and independent study students through the Arts & Science and Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour programs.
- Undergraduate MD students who are interested in engaging in research projects
If you feel that you have an appropriate background and interest, fit the description below, and are interested in joining our group, please feel free to connect with us.
What do we look for in a prospective student?
- Research interests that are well-aligned with our current projects or my interests
- Strong critical thinking and reading skills
- Very strong writing skills
- A willingness to be "thrown into the deep end"
- Strong evidence of active interests outside of academia
When you contact us, please introduce yourself and include information about your intended career trajectory, your research interests, why you are interested in working with us, and any other relevant information that you wish to share.
Please also include a writing sample, a copy of your CV and a copy of your transcript (unofficial is fine).
It is important to remember that a healthy supervisor/student partnership is a symbiotic relationship. You are strongly encouraged to talk to several potential supervisors and pick the one that is the best fit for you!